We are building a community space for men to connect, converse and create.
I cannot believe it is now over a year since we launched Petersfield Men’s Shed! However, whilst the management team have been very busy setting everything up, due to the pandemic restrictions, we have yet to find a permanent premises, start proper meetings or accept members. But hopefully, from July and the end of restrictions, that is all about to change.
What have we done;
- We have become a charity
- We have gained some funding from generous sponsors
- We are currently in discussions to lease an excellent premises in the centre of Town
- We have a web site and Facebook page
- We have received over 100 expressions of interest to become members
- We are currently surveying what practical skills and interests potential members have
- We have all the necessary policies, procedures, and insurances in place
Saturday July 3rd July – 9am to 3pm – Market, Petersfield Square
Come, meet, and chat to members of the management team and see if Petersfield Men’s Shed is for you.
Tuesday 27th July – 7.30pm – Zoom Open Meeting
Open forum with short presentations from the management team and guests, Q&A (using Chat facility), and hopefully your inputs.
Obviously, we would rather launch with our premises, but in the meantime, if the restrictions continue to ease, we feel we should start to enrol members anyway, meet in temporary venues and start working on small local projects. So do please come and meet us and let’s get Petersfield Men’s Shed going, together.
Steven Watts, Chairman